STEAM is the buzz word… and Animado Events the hive of activity! As educators everywhere scramble for new and exciting ways to teach STEAM, Animado has planned two incredible events geared specifically for their needs. The Journey into STEAM programs in Virginia Beach and Orlando are packed with opportunities to learn, explore and get hands-on with STEAM. Why are these the best STEAM programs for middle and high school? Read on to find out!
Journey into STEAM Virginia Beach
What is it?
In April of 2020, middle and high school students will have a unique opportunity to explore careers in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics with Journey into STEAM Virginia Beach. An aircraft hangar will be the backdrop for businesses, colleges, arts and more sharing information about emerging employment trends in the STEAM fields. Students will interact directly with the experts in creative ways and have a ton of fun while doing it. It’s something different than they’ve ever done before!
In addition to the STEAM Fair, your students can expect
• Admission to the Military Aviation Museum
• STEAM Exploration Tour with Historical Investigation
• Drone Ace Pilot Challenge
• Lunch at the museum
• Private flight demonstration viewed from the tarmac immediately outside of the hangar of three (3) war birds from WWI and WWII
• A unique Journey Into STEAM lanyard
Can we do more?
A 2nd day of fun and learning can be added (Friday, April 24 or Sunday, April 26th) that may include
• Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
• Adventure Park at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
• Cape Henry Lighthouse
• Brock Environmental Education Program (Chesapeake Bay Foundation)
Journey into STEAM Orlando
What is it?
In early November 2020, Journey into Steam at Universal Studios™ Orlando will encourage middle and high school students to speak directly to professionals from STEAM-based companies, a maker community, government agencies and non-profits. They’ll participate in hands-on activities and discover future career opportunities in emerging industries. Best of all, it takes place on a Universal Orlando Resort™ soundstage (how cool is that?!)
In addition to the mind- blowing soundstage experience, students will
• Participate in one Universal Classroom in Motion: STEAM App Series. Using the know-how behind top attractions like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit™, these programs demonstrate the roles of science, technology, engineering, arts and math in park rides and attractions
• Attend a keynote address and Q & A highlighting STEAM
• Take part in short mini sessions throughout the day. Topics may include 3D printing, robotics, forensics, engineering, horticulture, autonomous vehicles, visual arts and healthcare
• Receive a 3-day Universal Studios Orlando™ ticket (A-Mazing!)
These exclusive events really are the best STEAM programs for middle and high school students. They are real world experiences with real world applications. They’re designed to inspire, challenge and engage students as they explore a world of career possibilities.
To find out more about Journey into STEAM Virginia Beach or Journey into STEAM Orlando, go to Animado Events or call 844-335-7994.